For some small items and orders, we may have the ability to ship via standard ground services such as FedEx or UPS. The tracking email should help you estimate the time of delivery. Many boxes and larger items are shipped via freight.
Most freight deliveries take place without any incidents and without issues!
Most Common reasons your delivery date can get extended:
- The carrier doesn't have a good contact number to set scheduled delivery.
- Delivery routes run on certain days to your area, if you miss the call, it could be an extended delivery date.
- The carrier reaches out, and you do not answer. (Maybe you are working or do not recognize the number)
- No voicemail available. Not calling back to schedule.
- Weather delays and traffic (trucks are not allowed to run during certain weather conditions)
- Carrier hubs can be short drives, and there are human errors from time to time help them find you if possible.
Call the carrier at your convenience for the delivery date and time.
Carrier customer service numbers can be found on tracking sites. If you have problems finding it contact us at Elite Truck: 855-919-2087
Instructions on How to Receive Freight Shipping Deliveries
Freight delivery will proceed according to the following steps for online orders:
- Pickup of Item: Your shipment is picked up by the distributor or manufacturer. You will be emailed a shipping confirmation with the carrier (trucking company), pro number (this is like a freight reference number), and online tracking link.
- In-Transit: Your shipment is now in transit and will take approximately 3 to 8 business days to arrive at your local shipping hub. Weather and location can affect delivery times.
- Schedule: Once your shipment is at the hub, if needed, a dispatcher will try to call to schedule a delivery date and a delivery window. It's normal for the window to be about 4 hours. Some decide to call ahead and schedule a delivery time or pick up their order from the hub if available.
- RESIDENTIAL DELIVERY: Ask if a liftgate is needed. Let the carrier know if there are location issues with finding you that may be difficult.
- Day of Delivery: The driver will usually call you when they are on the way and let you know they are coming. Having the best contact phone number is important for the best delivery experience
- Off the Truck: The driver will put your shipment on a jack and take it off the truck using a lift gate if needed. Once on the ground, they will move it to your curbside if not already. Unless you have indoor delivery, the driver will not take your shipment inside. Hint: It may be good to have someone with you to help be there to help you unload, depending on the size and weight of your delivery.
- Any assistance you give the driver, whether the driver requests it, or you offer it, is solely at your own risk. We are not responsible for ANY injury you or anyone else receives from any part of the delivery process.
- Inspect for Damage: After the shipment is placed, it's your responsibility to inspect if the shipment has any damage. In the few instances that there is an issue. Please read the link provided on how to inspect and report the damage.
- Accepting Delivery: The driver will give you a document called the Bill of Lading, or BOL for short. This is the delivery receipt that you will sign to acknowledge delivery.
We love for you to share pictures of your new and awesome Elite Truck purchase at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Inspect and Document Damage
In the rare event that there is an issue, it's important to carefully follow the instructions below to ensure that your shipping claim can be resolved.
If your order is damaged (minor or major), it should be noted by writing the word "DAMAGED" on both the driver’s copy and your copy of the BOL, along with a description of the damage. If items are missing from your order write them down as "ORDER INCOMPLETE". Make notes of the damage on the bill of lading (BOL).
If you see significant damage to the shipment, for example, a steel part is noticeably bent, or there is obvious damage that is not a repairable part and will affect the product’s function, you have the right to refuse the shipment.
Photographs of the damaged shipment or product are extremely helpful as well to ensure the successful processing of your claim. All information regarding shipping damage should be sent immediately to us at email@example.com so that we assist.
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled will be subject to a 5% fee. If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Some oversized or freight products may incur a 15% restocking fee. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order. All returns must be processed within 60 days of delivery. Any return requests made more than 60 days after delivery will not be honored.